Dear BUUF Members and Friends,
What a difficult time this is in our communities, country, and world. With the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus in some of our communities and to help mitigate the virus’ impact on the most vulnerable, the BUUF Board is making the following decisions regarding how we gather as a community:
* We will be suspending our in-person Sunday services through at least April 12th (Easter Sunday). We will be monitoring the situation and will be in regular communication with the fellowship.
* Sunday Services are temporarily canceled. We will be exploring how to provide ONLINE events via the Zoom platform to your computer or phone. You will receive instructions when that system has been developed. Zoom is reportedly very easy to use. Note: Gretchen Ohmann will be available by phone for tech assistance learning Zoom from 11 am to 1 pm on Saturday: 269-369-1114. We will not be conducting online Sunday services. However, Gretchen, Lisa Fuller, Nico Rojas and others may be scheduling informal Zoom gatherings in lieu of services. Stay tuned for details.
* All Religious Education, Green Sanctuary and Book Club programming will also be suspended until further notice.
* All committee meetings will now be conducted either online or via a conference call. The committee chairs should choose which virtual platform to use. Gretchen has generously offered to allow us to use her Zoom account for meetings, if desired.
* While we are not meeting in person on Sundays, we encourage you to send your usual Sunday offering or pledge donations to the fellowship at: 4340 Lincoln Avenue, Saint Joseph, MI 49085. Many banks and credit unions allow members to set up automatic payments via regular check through the mail.
* Rev. Jim McConnell is still available anytime via cellphone: 574-229-6536, or via email at email@example.com.
We know what an uncertain and scary time this is for everyone, but please know that we as a church community will get through this together. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Rev. Jim McConnell and the BUUF Board
(Harvey Johnson, Beth La Fleur, Sandy Walker, Dave Sarra and Diane Gibbons)