We will be talking about how we’ve incorporated environmental challenges in our towns. Learn more about building sustainably by watching some of the resource videos.
The earth is experiencing many environmental problems which have resulted from human activity. Some of these problems include global warming, air pollution and loss of habitats. How we build & rebuild our cities can address these issues & hopefully, help to make it better.
Things to Keep in mind when building your town:
- What is your climate like? Jungle, desert, moon-scape?
- Does your town have any environmental catastrophes from the past and if so how does your utopia address that?
- How does your town handle waste (human, animal, garbage, recycling)?
- Where does your water come from?
- What kinds of energy sources does your town use, how are they helping or hindering the environment?
- How do people in your town use resources wisely?
- Do people in your town have access to nature, what kinds?
- What is your town doing to address climate change?
How to take care of the Earth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2YgM1Zw4_E
*Sustainable City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCKz8ykyI2E
*Green City: Clean Waters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ98limHhw8
When Trees Meet Buildings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w7lsydq8ks
Japan’s Town with No Trash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS9uhASKyjA
Environmental Science for Kids: https://study.com/academy/lesson/environmental-issues-lesson-for-kids.html